Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Once upon a toilet...

*WARNING*  this article may contain too much information :)

Most people know this about me- bathroom time is private.  I have had many conversations with a selected few(you know who you are) about this very private matter.  Some people- especially once married spend time doing everything together- even using the water closet. Not us, not me. This does have a point- so let me explain.......

In India, a few days before a wedding all the ladies of the family participate in a Mendi Ceremony (painting of Henna tattoos on the hands).  I was very much looking forward to this ceremony as I love tattoos!  Little did I know- my patience and relationship would be tested.

I was the first to get my mendi done.  I sat on a chair facing two artists who each took a hand.  They were quick and brilliant-AMAZING!!  Only after my hands were painted did the ladies inform me that it took TWO HOURS! to dry!!  My pictures will illustrate my prediciment perfectly!  I held it- for two hours.
Finally, it was all dry, I could wash my hands, go to the washroom and have a beer.  How 'bout no- they wet it all over again, so it could get darker in colour!  My two hours had turned into 4, then into all night with no hand washing!  I was hungry and had beer poured into my mouth by various gentlemen- I had to pee.
I asked the ladies for some suggestion as to how to go without using my hands, and their response was unanimous- Dan has to help you!!!!!

Now for the relationship test!  Sheepishly, I asked my husband to take me to the washroom.  Toilet and dinner, all with the help of my husband.  He helped and was so brilliant.  Who knew that having your husband feed you and help you pee in your time of need would be so lovely :)

So, lesson learned.  When in dire need- the toilet doesn't have to be such a private place.  I repeat- in dire need.  No conversations and work discussions while I pee but it wasn't as bad as I thought!




5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...i would have been FREAKIN out! i'm the same way...i close the door to pee and don't infront of ben. did i ever tell you my mexico story with michelle? anyways...love the henna! beautiful! can't wait to see wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps....i can almost guarantee you that i am going to comment on every post. is that alright?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is beautiful!!! Hahah, I am glad Dan was able to help in your time of need! tee hee! So jealous by the way of all the delish eats you two are enjoying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ba ha ha ha.... oh that's too good!!! You know we are open door people in my house but I really didn't think I'd hear you telling this story :)
    Too funny!! Dan - you are a good man!
    Lovin' your blog and yup I too may comment way too many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comment all you like ladies- I LOVE to hear from home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...