Friday, February 25, 2011

My Weakness

Mmmm, the luxuries of home.
Yes, I’m guilty….I bought some vino tonight.  I can say that it cost more than anything we have bought here so far but it was worth it.  I can’t recall ever buying wine from India- and I don’t think I would when given the option but mmmm it hit the spot.  A little cab sauv with a couple salty gobi (cauliflower) parantha and you have a perfectly good snack after a long day of fort hopping.
It did remind me of home a little too much though.   I miss a nice Monday afternoon meander through the liquor store picking out the perfect bottle of red to enjoy later in the evening, with a movie and some yummy eats. 
Yes, I was reminded of home while I sipped my lovely, full bodied, liquid heaven but what can I say, the change of scenery was refreshing indeed.  A white stone terrace, overlooking a garden in the dark of the night, a refreshing evening breeze, cooling our skin after a long day of forts, bazaars and endless traffic; heaven.  Not to mention, the cutie geckos scaling the walls, snacking on the mosquitoes that threaten to ruin my lovely evening- ha, they make me giggle :)  Possibly the wine though.
I finish my evening with a chug of cough meds, to remedy my overworked, clean-air loving lungs and tuck myself into bed at a decent time- for my love of wine has made me sleepy indeed.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. love the skirt! looks super comfy! ya for you getting to kick back with a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, right! Hmmmm, the skirt has kinda backfired though because my hair is so short I don't think men realized I was a girl until it was too late. Now they notice :( Oh well, no harm done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...