Thursday, March 3, 2011

What An Awful Day!

Ha- just kidding, it was marvellous.  Now, because I spent the ENTIRE day basking in the glorious sunshine enjoying amazing views, beer and a refreshing dip in the pool, I don’t have much to write about.  Instead, I will tell you about yesterday but first check out some pics from my day.


If it makes you feel any better, I did get my first ever sunburn.  I look like a Rajhastani puppet, my nose is an alarming shade of crimson.  He He

 
Moving on.  My morning started on a lovely note as I got to Skype home and spend some time chatting with my family and my lady love.  Blue sky, sunshine and some family time- what a way to spend a morning!

Now another noteworthy part of my day was our visit to The City Palace.  It was a beautiful palace not unlike many we have encountered here in India but the was one thing that set it apart.  The Palace and for that matter, the entire city is under preparations for the wedding of the Maharajas niece!  The wedding itself will be held at the place in a couple of days, so painting and many other aesthetic repairs are currently underway.  Seriously, I can’t begin to think of anything more romantic than a royal wedding at a beautiful, over the top, gorgeous palace- can you?  I wasn’t kidding when I said that Udaipur is super sweet.  As I type this, music can be heard throughout the city while the visiting royalty begins the pre- wedding celebrations.  Awesome!




While Dan and I waited for the evening party to begin, we refuelled at a roof top restaurant just in time for sunset.  Now, you may notice that my dinner is noticeably  larger than Dan’s, keep in mind, I am a growing girl- my diet of over indulgence must be kept up with three solid meals a day.   I told you if you want to loose 10 pounds don’t come to India :)



Now that I was so full that I thought I would puke, I figured it was a great idea to go for dessert at a lovely French Bakery.  Sick- just sick…. is how I felt after I wolfed down my chocolate cake and ice cream.  Totally worth it.  Besides, we needed lots of energy to party!  It was after all, Lord Shiva’s Day yesterday!  Once the sun set, the celebrations began.  All the Hindu temples were decked out in colourful lights and decorations!  Music was being pumped from huge speakers at every temple- it’s India and there is literally a temple or shrine every 30 feet or so ;)  Enticed by the Lady Gaga that was being played by a neighbouring temple, we made our way over to check out the scene.  Now, every temple is a little different and we did visit a few over the course of the evening but this one was crazy.  We indulged in ‘special lassi :)  A milk, coconut and a little somethin’ extra to make you ‘ feel like you’re in heaven’.  So, being smart travellers, we didn’t drink too much as we didn’t know exactly how we would react.  Later, we were told that the ‘ special ingredient ' is plant derived and harmless.  Ah, India!  You sure know how to party :)

4 comments:

  1. oh elise it looks amazing! so happy to see the turn around in your spirit and your energy! so jealous of you relaxing in the sun while i still have to slop through slushy snow to get to my door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should also mention how happy you guys look in the pictures! this just warms my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh beautiful sunset shots and I am so jealous of your sun bathing bed!!! How glorious:) MMM lassi! Oh what I would do for a hot day and a mango lassi, how much money do I need to come there for two weeks while you guys are still there?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Well, if it makes you feel better- mangoes aren't in season, so no mango lassi for you :(
    Lots of other kinds to satisfy your craving though! We are actually heading up north now, which means cold weather. Not quite Kelowna cold but pretty close :( Going to chill with the monks ! Zen action. To answer your question, about $10- $15 a day will do but I'm thinking you would need like triple that for your shopping habits:) *smooch*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...