Saturday, March 5, 2011

Scoot Scoot


Ah, today we were free! :)
Now, our trip to Udaipur hasn’t exactly been strenuous by any means and all we have been doing is relaxing and enjoying but today was different.
We decided to rent a scooter and go exploring.   We checked out our map and decided just to go where the wind took us.  Fabulous.  Now, in hindsight, I would have taken the bandana my bro had offered me back in Canada as I didn’t become famished until very late in the day and I suspect it is partly because I ingested enough flies to tie me over.  Small details.
It did take me awhile to get comfortable with Dan’s driving, not because he is a bad driver, on the contrary he is great.   It was the other Indian drivers and now that we weren’t on foot or trusting another driver with our lives, I noticed the traffic a little more.  Also, I am from a country where it is illegal to ride without a helmet and today I ran the risk of losing my brains in a awful mess on the pavement.  Alas, we made it safely home- how, I do not know as we drove and drove and drove.  There are absolutely no street signs and every village and street looks the same to me.  I have to marvel at Dan’s amazing ability to find his way home- it is almost primal :) 
So, I will finish by saying that this was a great way to see the countryside.  The people are so amazing here, that literally everyone we crossed paths with today either smiled or said hello.  Scoocum.





2 comments:

  1. elise...every post i'm just blown away by your pictures! i love the one with the 2 women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i was going to tell you. if you like comments, remove the word verification. i read a post about "ways to improve your blog" and that was one of them. they said people today want things to go fast and don't want the extra step word verification takes. i removed mine and i haven't gotten any junk comments and i find i get more now too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...