Saturday, April 30, 2011

What We've Been Up To.....

 
AH- sorry I have been so stingy with the blog posts as of late.  I have two reasons:
  1. We have been on islands, where the internet isn't free.
  2. We have been on islands and they all look the same in pictures.  Also, there is only so much a person can write about when they do nothing all day.
 
I realized the other day that I had not worn an entire outfit in weeks.  I would have my bathing suit on and either have a top or a bottom on, never both :)  On top of that, there were entire days that I wouldn't glance in the mirror- not even once.  When was the last time any of you can say you have done that?  My favourite part about island life has to be that I would wear shoes for 5 minutes max, and that was on a day I wore shoes, most days I didn't bother.  So, that is a recap of what we have been up to for the past 2 weeks! ;)
 
I thought I would at least post some random pictures......
 
 
 
 
 
 These are Dans feet!  We had just gotten to Kuala Lumpur from India and we decided to visit the fish spa in China Town. I guess his feet were pretty nasty.  He stole all the fish in the pool! He He
 
  
 
 
I didn't realize that snakes and birds got along- I was concerned there was going to be a nasty fight. This zoo was free when you bought tickets to another attraction we were interested in seeing.I was excited to see the animals at first, but it soon became apparent just how sad they were.
Not Impressed!!

 

 
The Petronus Towers in Kuala Lumper.  Beautiful!  At 452 metres tall with 88 storeys, they were the worlds largest towers from 1997 until the Taipei 101 in Taiwan took over in 2003.

 
 
A lovely storm blowing in to Pulau Tioman from the mainland.  Another great thing about being on a small island is that the daily rainstorm takes all of 10-15 minutes to blow over.  On the mainland you could be taking cover for hours at a time.

 
  
 
It's AMAZING that not only did we have this beach to ourselves whenever we wanted but that it was just steps from our Chalet!  Heaven !
 
 
Our gorgeous deck view on Pulau Perentian.  Too bad we had to deal with jungle bugs.  Scary :(
 
 
The shadow in the water at the bottom of the picture is a huge school of little fish!  Super cool!
 
 
Me trekking through the jungle.  Hmmmm- who wears a bathing suit into the jungle you ask... Me- Island Life makes you too relaxed for your own good.
 
 
 
 Awe, shoot.  This was where Dan and I had to hang out for a week while we took our scuba diving certification course.  Life is rough.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lady love, life is bliss hey?! That fish spa looks interesting, a cleaning station for people! Haha. What a gorgeous shot of your deck and view, love the clothes billowing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! So amazing!!!!!!

    It just all seems surreal on this side of the pond to think that you guys are out having all of these adventures. I can't express the feeling of happiness and envy(Good Envy!) I feel for you two. Having the time of your lives! Even though you're not hearing from me much (ya know, grindstone every day) just know I'm reading everything and enjoying it so much!!

    Love you both!,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...