Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We are Divers!!!

Whoo Hoo!!  Dan and I have completed our dive training and are now certified Open Water Scuba Divers!! 
Our four-day course was unlike anything I have experienced.  We either spent our days diving and exploring the underwater world or, in an open air classroom, in the sunshine listening to the surf crash behind us.  The course was an easy and rewarding process that I will not soon forget.  Our decision to spend the money and get certified was one of the best choices we could have made.  Now, I can play and explore, in the world I love and know so much about but have never had the ability to enter on such an intimate level.  Our trip will be so much more rewarding now; we will dive in Thailand, Vietnam and Egypt.  I am so excited.  Taking an afternoon off, to dive in the serene, quiet, underwater world is the perfect timeout from the noisy, dirty, complicated world above the surface.  Yes- I can’t wait to add a new element to our world tour.
Hmmmm- if only I had an underwater camera :(


Tamara (our instructor), Me, Dan and Anja

* a quick side note *- is it a cruel, dive instructor joke to take your ID picture right after a dive??
Cruel, just cruel.  I am sure I will look like a drowned rat in my photo- lovely.

1 comment:

  1. yaaa! so exciting!! i'm totally pumped for you guys! that is freakin awesome!! Congrats guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...