Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Cricket World Cup


I just wanted to say a quick congratulations to India and its cricket team for winning the ICC Cricket World Cup for the first time since 1983!
We were lucky enough to be in India during the World Cup Tournament and what a tournament it was!  In a country that LOVES its cricket, I can say that it was an experience indeed.  I think Canada should take a lesson from the Indians.  On World Cup day, all the stores were closed so that everyone could be at home to watch and celebrate India’s win.  Oh, I guess there is one exception to the rule- the liquor stores stayed open of course :) 


Watching the game in the garage.


The Village Guys (and Dan) partying in the streets!





3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this last picture!! Can barely find Dan in the picture at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, you bear a striking resemblance to Fido Dido in this picture.
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Alex, you are brilliant! It has been nagging at me for months now.....Skinny Dan does look like Fido Dido. I always thought Fido was kinda cute :)
    - Elise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...