Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Brilliant Idea


I have heard from many of our readers that you all love photos, so before I do another photo post I thought I would let you all in on a little problem I have been having.
Dan and I just finished our Advanced Open Water Course today- YEAH!!!!!  I already logged 11 dives and have spent more than 8 hours under water and the count is just going to go up and up.  I am addicted.  I cannot remember ever being this excited about anything- I love diving!  After spending years and years watching documentaries, films and T.V programmes about the deep blue, I can actually go there!!  I have seen so many sea creatures and I have just begun my new hobby!  Most of our days have been spent on the boat, in the water or studying for tests, so the only photos I could have posted  would be of all the brilliantly, stunning and awe inspiring life I have seen under the sea.  Yes, all the photos I could be taking, but can’t :(  - this brings me to my problem and also to my brilliant idea… so smart, so smart :)
I figured that if all my readers really enjoy my pictures that much, they could start me a little ‘ UnderWater Camera Fund’- brilliant, I know :)  Now, don’t worry, they only cost a small fortune, but think of all the colourful, exciting photos I could take for your enjoyment :)  I kid, I kid :)  Anyways, I wish that I had a specialized camera so that everyone could see what I have been up to in the past few weeks.  Shoot!  Instead, I will post some more boring pictures of beautiful sunsets and beaches :)


 The sunset at our beach in Koh Lanta... OH SO BEAUTIFUL :)






This is a photo of the sea when we left for our 3 hour cruise to the dive sight.  The rough seas have come earlier than usual, which meant rain and BIG waves.

 
The sunset our our way home from diving.  Sorry, I can't recall the name of these islands.




The beach at Koh Haa- our dive sight for the day.




These are fishing boats :(  They are always in pairs, with a large net in between them.
As we dive and enjoy the sea, they are just a few minutes away, fishing anything and everything they can catch.  If they catch something they don't like (whale sharks, turtles or mantas), they throw it back, but not before it has 'drowned' :(  Just awful.



  Another view of Koh Haa.  The dive sight is made up of 5 islands, including caves and an underwater 'chimney'!!!  So cool :)



Our 'home' for two AMAZING days here in Thailand. Thanks Peter (the Captain) for a very enjoyable and memorable experience!

1 comment:

  1. the first two pictures blew my mind! absolutely stunning....i could stare at them for hours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...