Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Been a While

Ooops……
We have arrived in Thailand and I have yet to do a post after spending a week here.  I don’t know what it is but the posts are becoming harder to write, maybe it is because we have been spending our time differently in the last two countries.  Our pace has slowed further and there aren’t so many ‘sights’ to see.  Our days aren’t spent at Wonders of the World or at ancient and spiritual monuments, but that could just be the difference from one country to the next.  Or, it could be that we are addicted to the sea!  It is soooo nice to swim in the water when it is hot and humid out- a real relief.
I am feeling a little bit guilty but I know I shouldn’t; I do make an effort to remind myself multiple times a day that I am extremely lucky.  I am travelling the world, meeting new people, tasting new food and having amazing adventures.  The adventures don’t come every day; often our days are spent in transit or just resting and catching our breath but it is truly wonderful that every single day poses a new and often exciting challenge.  Hmmm, maybe I am just getting comfortable with the life of a gypsy.  I love that I can move from a place that doesn’t inspire me and that I have the opportunity and the time to try anything and everything I could have ever wanted or dreamed of wanting.  I literally have no responsibility- none and it is so refreshing.  On the flip side, it has become our 'normal' and I am having a hard time translating our normal life into an exciting blog post.  Is that weird?
Has our extraordinary become ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...