Friday, January 21, 2011

Should I Roll?

.....or should I fold?  I'm talking about my clothing in my luggage- gripping.
Danny and I are backpacking rookies but this I do know, we are both folders.

I have done my reasearch about this very topic and I find that the majority of people in the budget travel world suggest rolling your clothes over folding- But why?

I rolled my clothes the first time I packed my bag and the were all messy, wrinkled and I don't feel that I saved any room in the process.

So after all my rambling, here is my question for you......and by you I mean Lisa:) 
On a side note, I wanna give a special shout out to my lovely friend Lisa.  You are my first- follower :P

Do you roll or fold?

7 comments:

  1. Dan and Elise,

    What a fantastic idea! Thank you for inviting me to share your adventure with you! I am looking forward to hearing about the amazing experiences that you will share!

    Much love to you both.

    Cait

    PS. So..... When are you having children?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha...thank you for my morning laugh today! i loved it!! i'm going to make a blog post about you guys so hopefully you'll get more readers! i love your http: address and your blog name, but i still love my ideas i had! oh and to answer your question...roll...but there's a technique that comes with it so you don't get wrinkles and it saves room. you'll be pros by the end giving us all advice! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oops...that was me...not my mom. i guess i was signed in to her account...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was delighted to see this blog and read about your newest adventure. The way that you and your husband are planning your journeys together is impressive and to be envied! I look forward to reading more. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful trip, Elise and Dan! I am looking forward to following it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROLL!!! hahaha
    however, you're already on your way so my comment was too late! I hope you rolled! Or you will learn how quickly lol takes up way less space and no wrinkles in your clothes!

    I'm so sorry we couldn't be there for your send off, my thoughts are with you guys and I'm totallyyyyy envious!! <3 <3 <3
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from Her Beautiful Mess. I so look forward to following you on your adventure! I always fold but my husband rolls. He's in the military and does way more backpacking than I ever have, so I guess I would go with rolling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...